Monday, September 1, 2008

The Palin Family Saves Social Security

First I would like to wish Bristol, her soon to be husband, their coming bundle of joy, and the entire Palin Family the very best. And I would like to thank them for doing what the Democrats absolutely refuse to do: their part (and more) to save Social Security. As long as the Democrats keep it a "pay as you go" transfer payment program, we will need "the taxpayers of the Future." My guess is the Palin kids will not only serve the country well, but pay lots of taxes, too. I know the AARP won't say this, so I will: Thank you. And keep them future taxpayers coming.

But only if that is your choice, of course.

UPDATE: Instalanche! Did I spell that right? My spell check says no. It got to be a word by now, doesn't it? Who decides these things? The little wikis? Is "wikis" spelled right? My spell check says no. Who decides? Who decides ketchup is a vegetable? Did I spell ketchup right? My spell check says yes, but I no longer trust it.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instalaunch!

hdgreene said...

Good thing it's a holiday. Gee, best spin.

Country Squire said...

Well met sir, well met!
And congratulations on your Instalanche!

Joseph said...

Shshshsh... They will next start calling the Down syndrome baby "the future welfare recipient."

RebeccaH said...

Every time I think I got it figured out and there's no hope left, somebody comes along with a fresh new perspective. Go, Palins!

Btw, Kiddington High School looks much like the one I went to. Bet it had the same kind of English teacher, the one with the bun and orthopedic shoes.

hdgreene said...

Rebeccah, that was after her expansion but before the schools.

I think we can say, "we're all future welfare recipients now" -- at least if Sen. Obama gets his way (he'll use a focused grouped vocabulary, of course).

A friend told me Gov. Palin should stay in Alaska and take care of Trig rather than spending all day casting tie breaking votes in the Senate -- Democrat telling me this, of course. And I said, "I thought you wanted the government to take care these children (and everyone else, too). So what's the big deal?"

hdgreene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mags said...

Bristol Palin made a mistake. She is now making a very adult decision - to keep the baby and give it the best life she possibly can. Thank you, Bristol.

I am pro-life though I'm not for sex before marriage. Having a Down's Syndrome baby, I had to make the decision to stand by my beliefs. It wasn't easy since I had doctors telling me to never expect anything and consider putting her in a home. I ignored their advice.

Thank heavens I did. She has grown to be an awesome young woman, quite capable of taking care of herself. She has brought more laughter and joy to this home than it ever had before and has more common sense than any politician I've ever heard.

When everyone looks at abortion, put one very serious thought first - what if your Mom had decided to abort YOU. It just might change your opinion, unless of course, you think your life is worthless. Remember once you were 'just a clump of cells'.

smitty1e said...

While their heroically pleasurable efforts may be called noble,
Social Security falls prey to that bit of Southern scatalogical wisdom "y'all jusht cain't polish a turd".
We really need to flush that Ponzi scheme soonest, and laugh any subsequent FDR disciples into silence.

Banshee said...

An "Instalanche" is an Instapundit avalanche -- similar to a Slashdotting, but without the connotations of accidentally killing the server.

An Instalaunch is when Instapundit gives a boost to a new blog.

hdgreene said...

Thank you Maureen. I was wondering...

Dactyl said...

Possibly one of the best instalanche reactions ever. The original post was pretty good too. Nice work!

kentuckyliz said...

Another way to help save Social Security is to keep smoking.

This nonbreeder thanks Bristol for taking up the slack.