Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Good Night for Sarah.

My instant analysis of Gov. Palin's speech: wow. On PBS Mark Shields thought her line that the Presidency is not "a journey of discovery" was belittling of Sen. Obama. He seems to think it was a sin. To me it sounded like good old politics -- and a fair hit on the man "who has authored two memoirs but not a single law." (I doubt if Mark liked that line, either).*

A note: they said McCain had studied recordings of her speeches before selecting her. I thought he had not vetted her? Do they renounce their earlier reporting?

UPDATE: I quoted the above from memory. The full quote is: "But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate."

No comments: