Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hurricane Ike becomes a Pug with a Punch

Ike blew through this part of Ohio Sunday night and knocked out power during the Cleveland Browns/Pittsburgh Steelers game. It was nature's way of sparing us the sight of Cleveland's tenth straight loss to the Steelers. Trees were down all over the place and the power here went out for almost 24 hours. It was a little dose of what Houston swallowed.

What I was wondering is: could I put in for a FEMA grant for contents of the refrigerator? I had a couple of cases of lobster in the freezer that I'm scared to touch. And certain other delicacies, such as a dozen "Thousand Year Old Eggs" that went bad. Funny, they can last for a thousand years in swamp muck but cannot stand up to a couple of hours in my uncool refrigerator. Why, we can't even bake a cake with them now.

Do I have to provide receipts for this stuff? Or can I treat it like a $250,000 mortgage? I think I lost the receipts in the storm. The mortgage, too.

No comments: