Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Reel Dancing Bankers

I find Comic Lite-Opera provides the best means of commentary on our various Global Financial Crisis-see, Crisis-sis...Crisis-eye. Anyways, in 2009 I started work on The Prodigals of Penance.

With banks collapsing I'm back at it. The opening number uses "The Dancing Bankers and Contortionists" as the chorus line for Artful Shortseller's production number. So, imagine my surprise when I discover our current GFC features videos of real dancing bankers and contortionists! SVB mimics <i>Glee</i>. I was trying to be a satirist, not a bank examiner! I'm currently struggling with the lyrics for the following song: You will own nothing. You will be happy. Or else. Wait, I think I just finished it. The Dancing Bankers will have their own number, "When the Short Seller Starts his Steal," which will look something like this, only with bankers.

No comments: