Saturday, March 11, 2023

Matt on the Rack

In this Youtube clip, Matt Taibbi informs hostile congressional Democrats of the existence of the first amendment.

 The Democrats Have Lost the Plot

I've read his stuff for years and always thought he leaned left (he published in Rolling Stone, for Chrissake). He was always skeptical of the workings of the Security State while I was a little less so. I thought there was too much power concentrated in Washington DC in general -- that it controls far too much of the economy, which invites corruption -- whereas he seemed more sympathetic to the regulatory state. I think the power concentration has corrupted the Federal Government and the media -- which now largely functions as another government bureaucracy. This is why I would call Matt Taibbi a Reporter, rather than a Journalist: Reporters report, Journalists ists.

He publishes at Racket News on Substack. His article about his appearance before the committee is here.

No comments: