Saturday, November 1, 2008

That Zogby be one good kidder.

DRUDGE:
ZOGBY SATURDAY: Republican John McCain has pulled back within the margin of error... The three-day average holds steady, but McCain outpolled Obama 48% to 47% in Friday, one day, polling. He is beginning to cut into Obama's lead among independents, is now leading among blue collar voters, has strengthened his lead among investors and among men, and is walloping Obama among NASCAR voters. Joe the Plumber may get his license after all...

How can the polls be wrong when they are all over the place?

2 comments:

Larry Sheldon said...

Looks like the polls can be "meaningless", or orthogonal to "right" and "wrong".

hdgreene said...

Actually, Larry, I had to look orthogonal up. Oh, I knew it had something to do with dentistry -- as in "I saw my Orthogonalist today." But which sub-specialty I could not say. Then I read it deals with problems "involving right angles or perpendiculars: an orthogonal projection." So I guess that's like an overbite. The polls got an overbite of more than they can chew. Well, we shall see how they digest that!